This is a really fun activity that can be done anywhere, any time, with anyone. The only supply needed was a bag for each participant and a wild imagination.
- Each participant takes a bag and goes in a different direction to collect a set amount of objects. For 2 people, we divided the house in half and each collected 5 items. When playing with 4, we each chose a room and selected 3 things; play with it and see what works best.
- Meet back together and pick someone to be “It” first.
- The chosen person picks 1 item out of their bag and “tags” the next person; they have to begin a story with the object they were given.
- They can offer as much as they want – one sentence or a whole paragraph – then they take an item from their bag and “tag” the next person.
- This continues until the last object is passed out and the story is then wrapped up.
The end! It is just that simple. Alternately, if you are stuck somewhere, like waiting for your food at a restaurant, you can write/draw a word/object on slips of paper, put them in a pile, and draw them at random to create a story. It has a Mad Libs sort of vibe to it and the stories are meant to be outrageous. Let your mind run wild!
Try this related free PDF download as well, and find more PDFs on the Printables page.