This is the book form of how my son likes to learn best: to get a nudge that inspires open-ended learning. There are a few ways to do this presented here:
- We loved the Letterboard Challenge activity, where we brainstormed people, places, animals, food, and other topics that began with the same letter and then spent a week or so exploring them. Every letter gets a 2-page spread here, with over 30 ideas to get started with, or room to come up with your own.
- Over a dozen topics, from life skills to charities and math to careers, are presented with a few questions to think about and space to write or draw anything that makes an impression.
- Another handful of subjects, such as animals and space, are even more open-ended, with one page for documenting what’s been learned and another with which to get creative.
- Sprinkled throughout the book are pages to consider people they know that inspire them or have outstanding traits and what can be learned from them.
- Lastly, there are four pages for kids to explore and express themselves and what makes them wonderfully unique.